If mail in ballots are to continue in Michigan, I recommend the following;
1. Deadline for receipt of ballots should be ahead of Election Day by 25 to 48 hrs. Poll workers should process the ballots in this time interval so that voters can be contacted by phone or email to correct a spoiled ballot. This would eliminate ‘adjudication’ on election night or following.
2. Voter rolls should be cleaned at least every two years. Include phone and email with voter ok.
3. Postmarks should be no later than day prior to Election Day.
4. Poll watchers from each party should be present during ballot curing to verify that ballot must be corrected.
5. Ballot harvesting or drop boxes should not be allowed,